is 3 days a week enough??

i have an air climber (pretty much like a stair stepper without the handles) and i work out for about a half hour 3 days a week. I also use those rubberband type things with the handles on the ends (not sure what they're called) at the same time. i haven't seen any results yet because i just started working out about a week ago. Am i working out enough to see a difference? or should i do more?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 3:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Well have you changed your diet as well? You have toburn 3500 calories to lose a pound. So, if you are eating the calories needed to maintain your current weight (and there are online calculators to see what someone your height and weight needs) and burn 3500 in a week you would lose one pound. If you want to lose 2 pounds you would need to burn 7,000 calories. You can increase the calories by reducing your intake. So reduce your calories by, say for example, 2,000 a week and burn 5,000 calories with working out you'll lose 2 pounds in a week.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Oh and by the way, the Air Climber and Brenda Dygraf's workout dvd is AESOME, love mine and I'll typically do two of the workouts when I use it. But I also mix it up by doing Jillian Michaels, Biggest Loser as well as spin classes!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• no, u need more cardio
    Anonymous

• well I currently go to school 4 personal fitness training. it all depends on what u eat how u r working out and what u do on a normal day. yes it takes 3500 calorie burn to lose a lb but as u work out u gain muscle weight. cardio is very important. but also firming muscle is equal important. the general rule is to work out 3-4 times a week. I can give u more info just shoot me an email and I am willing to help u out 4 free.
    sweetpea8

Answer by sweetpea8 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i am doing cardio with the air climber. im out of breath within the first 20 minutes! haha.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 7:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yeah but even with a 30-45 minute workout with the air climber, you are probabaly burning about 200-250 calories if even. And doing that 3 days is only 600-700 calories burned. If you are active in your regular daily routine as well then it may add up to 3500 needed for one lousy pound, but you may need to help that along and do the air climber 5 or 6 days a week. I make sure I do at least 30 minutes of cardio a day!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 13, 2009