Am I the only military wife...

Am I the only military wife exasperated with the difficulty of making a doctor's appt for my kid?

If ur a military spouse, u go thru the TriCare appt line 2 make MD appts. I am trying 2 b a responsible adult/parent & make my child's 12 month appt sooner than later.

My baby girl turns 1 at the end of March. I've been calling since Feb 2 get her in 2 see her on-post primary care provider (whom my family is very fond of).

The 1st 2 times in Feb, they told me they can't make an appt so far in advance & to call back next week. The 3rd time they said there were no avail appts with our preferred provider & to try back. During my 4th call the girl told me not 2 get too attached 2 any of my kids providers because "ur doctor could deploy or ur family may have to relocate" (like I'm an idiot and I don't know this).

2day they said call back

How can our MD be booked if the TriCare appt system is weekly & I call every week?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I am a military spouse as well with 4 kids, two of which are EFMP. I was facing the very same problems as you are now. I made an ICE complaint and asked to be given permission to be seen on the outside for medical care from the commander of the military hospital here. I was granted this request and now my children and myself are being seen by a civilian doctor of my choice and tricare is paying for it. I can tell you I can usually get an appt now either the same day or a day later if without any problems.
    dougdenise

Answer by dougdenise at 6:59 AM on Mar. 14, 2009