What are your thoughts on this

On the news yesterday they were talking about how there is a group of individuals here in the state of Ca that are trying to get the state to no longer reconize marriage, and anyone who is married here will then be considered in a domestic partnership they are doing this because recently the Prop 8 didnt pass, and while I dont really care either way about gays being able to get married, I dont think its fair to basically force people who are against it to vote to pass it just because they want to still remain in a marriage instead of a partnership. I understand why this angers the gay community but why should everyone have to suffer because the bill to legalize gay marriage didnt pass, I will and a link when I find one

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • The whole idea makes me sick to my stomach. No way I will ever say I am in a domestic partnership. Marriage between a Man and a Woman is a covenant relationship and was meant to be that way since the beginning of Man. If they succeed in doing this the rest of the country and then the world will follow. What an absolute mess that would become.
    Btw I live in californian.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Here is the link
    http://cbs2.com/politics/marriage.election.official.2.955596.html
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• It's not right but for whatever reason this is the way that group thinks to go.They may be the type who doesn't care if they had to destroy traditional marriage as long as they get what they want.
    Anonymous

• that is just bull im sorry but i dont care either way either but just because it didnt pass people are throwing a hissy fit geeze sorry but i dont think they can do anything about marriage betwen a man and a woman its been around longer then gays trying to ge tmarried
    Anonymous

• Nobody is not forcing anybody to vote on something they don't believe. Everybody should get married when they love each other. I don't care what they do in a bedroom. For me it's just a basic right. For me marriage is not religious thing. Marriage is between me& my husband.

Anonymous

• I would not be surprised at anything the state of or citizens of California did.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Answered at 12:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Nobody is not forcing anybody to vote on something they don't believe.

I have to disagree anon, why else would they try to rid the state of the whole word of marriage, think of how many people are going to vote just because they want to still be considered married, and vote even though they are against gay marriage, like I said either way I dont care but its not fair to take away my right to be married to a man, just because they are not able to
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Going about their goal wrong.Just as some gays did when they dressed all ridiculous and flaunted all over the place.Alot of people looked at that as tacky and trying to intimidate and force people to accept their lifestyle.
    Anonymous

• OK you didn't explain it very well are you saying the gays that were married before prop8 passed have to change it to domestic partnership or anyone and everyone who is married has to change it to domestic partnership? If they were married before the passing of prop 8 then they should be considered married, who cares there are bigger issues we need to be fighting for. I hate when a group of people get together and think of stupid laws to pass! Idiots!
    Anonymous

• No anon they are trying to get a bill that basically bans the word of marriage so that when you refer to yourself there will no longer be married on anything just domestic partnership, and that goes for EVERYONE who lives in this state
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2009