my landlord asked me to pay part of my rent by buying him groceries on my food stamp card. should i let him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I think the shelter or a church group, united way, salvation army would be best. Please get out of the situation you are in. Pack your stuff and get out in the middle of the night if you have too. Sounds like he is terrorizing and abusing you because you dont have anywhere to go, and thinks you dont have any choices. You DO. At least you would have a roof over your head and your dignity.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• No.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• thats illegal
    Anonymous

• No, it would be fraud. You would know it, and he would know it. And if anyone else found out, you might lose your card.

Answer by Bmat at 3:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• no because you can lose your food stamps by doing that. thats the same as selling your food stamps. you can go to jail and have to pay that money back if food stamp office find out. what a shitty ass landlord
    mybabychunk

Answer by mybabychunk at 3:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• but i don't know what to do. he's threatening to evict me if i don't. i owe him money.
    Anonymous

• Did you ever think of how he would pay the mortgage without the rent?
    Anonymous

• i have a friend who had to pay back unemployment income illegally obtained. your landlord is shady and he will up the antee and make you pay rent in other ways. stay honorable for your kids.
    Anonymous

• No, it's considered fraud and very illegal. You can lose your card or even see jail time in some cases.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• why dont you offer him sex
    Anonymous