How can i get my daughter to talk?

My daughter just makes an M sound when she talks. And she clinches her teeth.

RhiannasMommy6

Asked by RhiannasMommy6 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• your child will talk when she is ready to talk. u cant mak them. just talk to her and encourge her to make sounds you are making. my son started talking at 10months old.
    Anonymous

• My dd has speech delays. she is 3.5. Sounds like you need to mention it to her pediatrician. They can refer you for testing. The earlier she can receive therapy the BETTER!

My dd has come a LONG way. message me if you want.

How old is she by the way.
    Anonymous

• mimic any sounds she makes and encourage new ones. baby babble is the beginning of learning to speak, so you've got to work with the first step for a while until you can progress. Talk to her ALL THE TIME about EVERYTHING! Make lots of eye contact when you speak so she sees your mouth movements and expressions.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 4:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• How old is she? There is a world of difference in what to expect from a 12 month old, an 18 month old, a 24 month old, a 30 month old and a 35 month old.

If she is under 16 months, don't worry.
    By 18 months, she should have 10 to 20 words. Some perfectly normal kids don't have any. Some have more. And a "word" is any sound she uses and you know what she means. "OO" for book, "dee" for balloon. It doesn't have to sound a thing like the real word.
    By 24 months she should be putting 2 words together - mo ooee (more cookie) is a favorite.
    By 30 months she should be using sentences with 4 words or more. I wan mo cooee.
    By 36 months she should be holding short conversations and you should understand 80% of what she says. Strangers should understand about 70%.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2009