when should you start trying to concieve again???

I dont want my kids that far apart i want them to be close, but i want my first child to have enough mommy and daddy time. She is 7 months old, when do you think is the best time to start planning for another one???

kaydencemommy

Asked by kaydencemommy at 4:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its recommended that you give your body 1 full year to heal from pregnancy and childbirth. Not that we all do that, lol. But I think you can devote individual time to your children no matter how close they are together. It just takes a little more work.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Whenever you feel like you are up to the challenge! Check with your doc if you are worried about medical cause I think at 6 months is safe but I heard some say to wait a year
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 4:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• For a good overview, check the Empathic Parenting site and read their article about Closely-Spaced Children. They have many child experts and years of experience to help you.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I have read that it is truly best if you wait 2 full years. Because that is how long it takes for EVEYTHING in the body to go back to as normal as possible. Even after 1 year the uterous is still stretched out and in some woman may be the cause of complications. ...but again, this is only what i had read a while back. ...ask your doctor and do your own research to come up with the best plan for you and your family.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• For myself? Never again!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Well my 'advice' would be ask your ob/gyn- get a checkup and make sure everything is ok. once you have the 'green light' you and your husband/so would need to discuss how far apart you want the kids to be. good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• It's totally up to you and how you feel. We found out that we're pregnant with our second and our first is only 5 months (just about 6). Is this wrong? No. It's just right for us. In fact this pregnancy so far is waaaay easier than the last, I'm barely morning sick at all where the last one I was losing my food 3-5 times a day.

Think about it, talk with hubby and pray (if you're religious) and you will come up for the right answer for yourself. Best of luck to you! I hope everything turns out just right. =)
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I was told to wait 18 months but IDK if we will. It all depends on money.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My DD is 5 months old...and we are trying/ not protecting now :)
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• If you are thinking you're ready again... Mine are 15 1/2 months apart, so we conceived right around where you are now. Moments later (lol) we thought we were crazy, but now we wouldn't trade it for anything. I know there are different challenges with different age gaps, and of course having two small kids isn't easy by any means. We worried a lot about the older not having enough time alone with us. But newborns sleep a lot, and our toddler knows full well how to monopolize our time! Nine months is a lot more time to have with her, too. And I found that having the baby before the toddler was 18 months helped with jealousy issues and such. None whatsoever, it's crazy. It's like she can't remember life without her sis. They're 6 months and 21 months now, and I love it! The only thing is if you had an emergency c-section and want to try for a VBAC they recommend 2 years between the deliveries. So I had to have a repeat C
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2009