docter told me to start table foods but...

MY ds is 6 months and has NO teeth yet, he is teething really bad and has been for about 2 months but no teeth yet, so what foods can i really give him...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• let him suck or chew on teething biscuits and crackers just stay right there to make sure he doesn't choke
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 4:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Do you have one of those mesh things that you can put food in and they can gum it? My 7-1/2 mo old daughter doesnt have teeth either but I'll put fruit (like pineapple or oranges) and she'll go to town on it and she can't choke on it. You have him on any baby food yet?
    mom630

Answer by mom630 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Cooked diced veggies and fruits. You can get canned or steam them yourselves. Gerber also makes some jarred diced apples, pears, and carrots. They are soft enough to mush and it still gives him the experience.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• OP
    oh he is already on stage three he loves food and yeah i have one of those mesh things hes really not that into it but i have been to afraid to put alot in it
    Anonymous

• You can give him just about anything. He doesn't chew with the teeth that are coming in anyway! He can gum it and eat it just fine....My toothless grandmother ate everything including nuts! (but no, don't give those to the baby just yet! lol)

Just dice up pieces of what's on your plate....if you can mash it between your tongue and the roof of your mouth, he can gum it.

I hated those mesh feeders...pain to eat and my oldest hated them anyway. lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I kept Gerber Puffs and yogurt bites around. They dissolve easily in the mouth. Also, freeze-dried fruits (not dehydrated) also dissolve easily in the mouth and helps them practice chewing.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• They don't need teeth to chew... they use their gums not teeth to mash
    We started with Gerber puffs and Biter biscuts to learn chewing...
    Then started soft foods... my son (7 months) has done tiny pices of chicken, bread, tortilla, potato, carrots and rice
    We have also started other Gerbers things like the yogurt melts and wagon wheels and they are great too
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My daughter loves Baby Mum-Mums. I found them at walmart. They are a lot lighter than the gerber puffs and bitter biscuit things and they dissolve quickly too. You still have to be careful of choking,but she does great with them.

But you can also mush up veggies and give them mashed potatoes. that is what i would start with food wise.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2009