What birth control should I go on?

What birth control are you on that you like?
I haven't been on one in awhile & I have a schedule pap next week.
I need to figure out what I want. I'm thinking of Mirena.. but when they tried to put it in after I had my daughter, it hurt so bad they couldn't do it.
Any ones without such crazy possible side effects?

THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had Mirena for 5 yrs. It hurts when they put it in and for about a month after (cramping and all) but after that I hardly ever had a period- really just spotted a couple of days every 3 months or so. It was great and the only reason my boys and daughter are so many yrs apart! :)
    mom630

Answer by mom630 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• dont go on nuva ring lol.
    I was on that and got pregnant & it sucked as birth control.
    I am trying mirena after the baby is born.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i use mirena, love it, lighter periods if I have a period at all. Thats what I'd reccommend> But it has progesterone in it, so if you were sick during pregnancy this woud not be for you.
    casd

Answer by casd at 4:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I was a depo girl for over 10yrs... Then i went to YAZ.. Eather was great for me...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Mirena and Paraguard are abortive forms of birth control. Look it up or consult your OB/GYN on the subject before deciding on it. The pill is a much better option as it will not terminate pregnancy if you do happen to become pregnant. It all depends on your views of abortion though; if you're not against it or don't believe a child's life begins at conception then Mirena or Paraguard would be fine for you.
    Anonymous

• I used YAZ loved it. I didn't do so well on the DEPO it made me super depressed?!?!?! Everyone around me thought I was suicidal even though it never crossed my mind.
    Anonymous

• i use the depo.It does cause weight gain.but i have not had a period in 2 years.
    chhill

Answer by chhill at 8:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I hated mirena. i tried it for six months hoping the cramping would stop and it never stopped being painful. i had to take it out. now im on seasonique and its great! only three periods a year! yay! ill never go on anything else :)
    Anonymous

• im on yasmine its ok... i have not gained any weight or anything but i have never had acne and i do now
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2009