Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am currently 12 weeks pregnant and will be moving with my husband next month for his job. His health insurance benefits won't kick in for 90 days and our current insurance isn't valid out of state. Any advice on finding a doctor that will accept cash for prenatal visits?

Answer Question

Asked by dcmom887 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • just about any dr will just call around and see if they have openings

    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • Any doctor will take your cash.

    Answer by MamaChamp at 4:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • any dr will take cash just call around for a dr and find out the price ahead of time if possible. make sure that the dr you choose will take your insurence though when it does finally kick in so you dont have to find another dr

    Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • Just about all will take cash but try to go with the one you will use after the insurance kicks in that way you have the same person that way you don't have to feel another person in on your history

    Answer by heather.darin at 4:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • by law any insurance company has to cover you for either 60-90 days. I can't remember which one it is.

    Answer by pagirl71 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • you need to file for cobra- you pay the current insurance company to keep you on the insurance. talk to your husbands hr dept and they can tell you more details.

    Answer by twinsnseptember at 7:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • im assuming its a new job for him and the insurance doesnt start until 90 days of employment. depending on the state, you may qualify for state medical insurance regardless of his income. you can get that information from the local FIA or assistance place there. as for a doctor to pay cash, prenatal care is extremely expensive. a lot of health departments offer health care for uninsured patients or can recommend a doctor that does these sorts of these at a small copay or for nothing if you are without insurance. i would definately look into applying for assistance though, especially considering you'll have 90 days to wait out. a lot can happen in three months.

    Answer by jessrasmussen at 11:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.