What Should i do?

we suspect my mother-in-law of using meth we aren't for sure but it is something the whole family is thinking might be going on with er. So the person we think she is doing meth with is her cousin who has an 18 month old son. Now this might or might not be going on none us us really know and she is not saying much to us about it... I am worried about MIL's cousin's son and i was just wondering what someone else might do in this situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Does she sleep much? Insomnia is one sign...

I'd keep a close eye on them and report them if you have proof.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I would keep an eye on the both of them, and on the son for his well being if you are at all close to them.
    Signs to look for with the MIL and her cousin are weight loss, usually seen first in the face in the cheek area, as well as their eyes having a sunken in look, and weight loss covered up by wearing bigger clothes.
    An inability to sleep is another sign, HOWEVER if they are "seasoned" users, they have the ability to know just how much meth to do to get through the day and still sleep that night. I know. I used to do it. Other things to look for is acne, specifically larger, deeper types of pimples, perhaps boils. This is on of the ways their bodies will excrete the poison from their body.
    Decrease in appetite, close to no eating at all. Also a slight increase in fluid intake, because meth dehydrates you for whatever reason. Gives you cotton mouth. If they do eat in front of you, notice if they get full really fast.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Good Luck, if you have any other questions about signs, or if you want to run anything by me that you have noticed with them, feel free.

As far as what you should do...like I said, keep an eye on them. Watch the baby. The second you think the baby might be getting neglected, call CPS. You can remain anonymous, and I suggest that you do with your family as well. You never know who might open their mouth unintentionally and say that you are the one that called.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Like she said above...I would call Child Protective Services and remain anonymous. Just keep calling too until you are sure there is nothing going on. All you are doing is either saving the child, or keeping his Mom from making some extremely bad choices. Good luck.
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 1:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2009