has anymom gotten ripped off by working for melaleuca company????whats the hype about????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• The hype is that everything is all natural and chemical free. There's a huge market for it lately with all the "go green" stuff. I've known lots of people to sell it but haven't heard anything negative about it. I've used the products before and they work just fine.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I've used Melaleuca & was completely satisfied. I know of a veterinarian who use the melagel for the animals.  Its all chemical free!!!!!

Anonymous

• Same here, I love the Melaleuca Products! They are great. I've never heard anything bad about them.
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't say anyone has been scammed. But how melaluca works is you buy their products, and you ask everyone you know to buy them too....when they do you get a percentage of that sale. The few people I knew who did this hounded me to no end and the reality for me is I can afford $2 for Dollar Generals Green All Purpose cleaner, but not $18 for the same thing from Melaluca!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I hated Melaleuca! Although technically I can't say I was scammed. I got products (all be it at four times the price) when I gave them any money. BUT, everything I got I was allergic too... Every single one!
    I was with them for 6 months. There was NO training and NO support. And in 7 months I couldn't convince one person to buy that stuff! My mother is a neutritionist and a house cleaner... She didn't even want it!
    So although I wasn't "ripped off" I was very unhappy with them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I am a work with melaleuca and it is NOT a scam. it is WORK! just like any other work from home job, it is all about what you put into it as to what you will get out of it. I feel badly for Mom2Jack04, as those people were not trained the right way. the products are great! they have saved my kids lives more than once. the company is ethical and has won numerous awards from the BBB, INC 500 and more. If they were not a good company they would not have recieved these presitigous awards. It is a business and not a get rich quick scam. the great part about it is unlike candle parties, pampered chef, etc, i don't have to stock supplies, buy any supplies for "shows" etc. i can use my own products at any inhomes i CHOOSE (not required) to do. If you want more info, i can give you some. This company is not out to hurt you in anyway. only through a presentation can you get all the info for an educated decision.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I used to work for Melalueca in the Idaho Falls offices as a Customer Service rep. So, I didn't sell the items like you all do, I was the one that you call every month to put in your order. They pay their employees very very little. I got $6.75 an hour. Thats it. They make tons of money, but the people that actually work for the company make hardly anything at all. So, I feel that I got ripped off. :( One good thing though was being able to try the products. I really liked the laundry detergent, but it's just so expensive. I now make my own and it's just as good but a thousand times cheaper! When you call in to put your order in, please don't talk to the rep for a long time, they get in trouble for that! The calls are supposed to be as fast as they can do them. Remember that!
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 7:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I was signed up with Mealeuca for a few months; I could not get anyone to sign up and it got to the ponit where I could not afford the 35 point minimu anymore. I was spending over $75 each month for 35 points so I canceleld my membership. I thought the products were good but not so good that I would change my whole life for them.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Sabrina, don't feel sorry for me, I never signed up or sold with the company, it's a total waste of money! I don't even buy cleaning products like the dollar general stuff anymore. I went to BJ's loaded up on vinegar, baking soda, borax and a few other things and make my own "green" cleaners and solutions. Spent about $25 and I'll probably have enough ingredients to make cleaners for a year or more. I have a 15 or so page ebook with recipes from everything from all purpose cleaner to "green" drain cleaner, laundry detergent and more. Much less expensive, no smaller bottles and easy to make only when I need it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Melaleuca is awesome! Anyone that bad mouths them either doesn't know enough about the products or just doesn't have the drive to try. You can't get something for nothing. Nobody is just going to give you money cause you sit on your butt and don't try. I was a customer of theirs for over a year before I started building a business with them. The products cost more than grocery store brands, however you don't buy them every month because they are concentrated. I wouldn't trust anything else to be around my 4 kids and my 2 cats. The pay I get from them equals the amount of effort I put in. That's fair!! You shouldn't bad mouth any company that you aren't familiar with the facts it makes you look incompetent!!
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 2:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2009