no bashing.. just want opinions..

i had an emergency c-section because i was induced and then i just quit dialating. my doc said its up to me to do a VBAC or i could have a sceduled c-section. what would you do? if any expierences please share them with me...

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 4:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont see why anyone would bash you but i personally if i had a csection before id probably just do a csection the second time tht s wwhat i would do
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I had 2 C-Sections. One becaue i had to and the other cause I didn't want to have a VBAC. It's your personal choice. Talk with your doctor about what's best for your body....and go from there.
    Anonymous

• It really is a matter of preference, if you want to try the VBAC go for it, just be prepared for the C-section if it becomes necessary. As long as the outcome is a healthy momma & baby what difference does the method make?
    txgrl4lf

Answer by txgrl4lf at 4:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• There are a lot of pros to having your baby vaginally. The pressure on baby's lungs coming through the birth canal help expel all the liquids. Babies born vaginally are at a lower risk of SIDS and a lower risk of having asthma later in life. I'm sure there are more... That being said, having a baby vaginally after having a c-section is more dangerous than if you hadn't had a c-section already. If your doctor has given you the choice, you're going to have to trust that he believes the risks either way are minimal. If it doesn't go well, then he can always do an emergency c-section. I suppose the real question is how do you want your baby's birthday to go? Do you want to try to do what is best for the baby at the risk of having to undergo the stress of an emergency c-section or do you want to have a guaranteed low stress day for you and baby? If I were you, I'd probably do the c-section but thats just me.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I went thru everything you did w/ my son. I went thru 16 hours of labor and stopped dialating at 7cm. We did the section and I that was it. I am now 27 wks pregnant and will be having another section. Some may say that Im being selfish, but I don't want to go thru all that labor. first time was enouch to let me know that I don't want it again. I don't know how you felt after your section, but I was not bad at all. I'm going for it again! Good luck on your decision!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I plan to have a VBAC with my second. I'm not pregnant with him/her yet, but I'm really hoping to have one. If you want to, go for it. You have to do what's right for you. A c-section is major abdominal surgery; personally, I hope to avoid having another one. It's beneficial to the baby to be born vaginally. The risk with a VBAC is the incision tearing, but there is less than a 1% chance of that happening.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I had a c-section with my first but can have a vbac with my second and that is what I am planning on doing, but i am going to keep an open mind b/c i know that things can change farther along in my pregnancy to make me need another c-section, but the chance of your previous scar opening up is less than 1%, of course i had a bad time after my c-section so i am going to try to avoid that, but like it was said before as long as both baby and momma are healthy it doesn't matter what has to happen.
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 5:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Good news is that most doctors don't offer VBAC's unless they're very experienced in doing so. You might check his/her VBAC success rate for guidance. VBAC's can be harder to do successfully. You can always keep an open mind, if its important to you, and try to have a VBAC but if things aren't working out go ahead for the C-section... GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2009