low placenta

My doctor told me today my placenta was laying low, she didn't say I couldn't have sex, but I've read a lot of women were discouraged from having sex when they have a low laying placenta, I'm currenly just over 23 weeks almost 24. what should I do??

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 4:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• id avoid sex jusst to be safe also id call the dr and ask her
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I'd ask your doc.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Call the doctor and get clarification as to exactly what you should do. Each pregnancy is different and you need the specifics of your situation. Usually abstaining from sex is not for the whole course of the pregnancy. If you are advised not to have sex find other creative outlets for pleasure.
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 6:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• They told me my placenta was low and that was at like 10weeks or so and now I'm almost 23weeks and its where it should be. They said it was where it should be when I was 19weeks pregnant. I was only told not to have sex because I had a hemmorhage too at 9weeks till 18weeks that went away. They said if my placenta stayed low till birth I'd have to have a c-section or d&c or other things
    Anonymous