How fast did sex lead to labor for you?

I am due in 2 days and the hubby has been all about trying to have sex both for the baby and himself lol. I finally gave in about an hour and a half ago and been having lots of cramp-like pains.. Probably not contractions... But I was just wondering how quick it worked for those of you that used it as an induction tool...
I know it doesnt always lead directly to labor and I was advised by my doctor to try it if comfortable... I am 1cm almost 100% effaced and due for induction in 5 days.
I'm not looking for facts, just personal experience, THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my second child (the only time we tried it, lol) it was the next day. I was 2 1/2 weeks from my due date.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• never worked for me i did it and was 1 week over due
    Anonymous

• I was 19 from being due & it only took about an hour for me to start having contractions. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• My doctor told me sex would help, so my husband and I did it almost every day. Didn't help at all! I still had to be induced. But, I did have like weird like cramps and I felt weird. Like, I felt like the baby shifted all her weight to one side of my stomach 'cause she was like "what's going on?!?!" All I can say is GL, hope it works for you, 'cause it didn't do anything for me.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• This is the first time we tried it as well and these pains feel different but I have already gone to the hospital once to be sent home... I Think I will just stay home and wait to see if it gets worse before going and looking like a fool again lol.. IF they get worse and stronger than I know they are IT!
    Anonymous

• It will only work if the baby is ready. The baby sends off signals to the mom that the lungs are ready and all systems are go for birth. Why is your doctor inducing when you're not past due? (42 weeks is past due....not 40...40 is just a midpoint).
    Kid_Coach

Answer by Kid_Coach at 5:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My doctor is inducing 3 days after my due date... which in turn means over due... Partially because of my stature. I am only 5'2 and she doesnt want the baby to get too big and unable to have a vaginal birth... she wants to give me every chance to have as normal a birth as possible...
    Anonymous

• anon 4:54 and I are on the same terms. It did not work at all. I was also a week overdue
    jjsmommi5

Answer by jjsmommi5 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• With my first...it took about 10 hours. With my second, I couldnt have sex. I was too uncomfy and he was just too low.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2009