Just Wondering

If you have an u/s of your stomach area, but not necessarily of the uterus, and IF there was a baby growing, even if it were a few days after conception, would it be detected?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• a few days after conception probably not. The heartbeat comes into play around week 6 I believe.
    Anonymous

• would think that it would take a few weeks too show up and that doctors would need to be looking for it when i had my first done at 7 weeks it looked so small u/s tech said the baby was the size of rice
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 5:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think 7-8 weeks is the earliest it can be detected on an ultrasound.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I found out at 3 weeks!!! they saw a gestational sac 6-8 mm long, no fetal pole, no heart beat, but the DAY i hit six weeks I had another apt and sure as heck I had gestional sac, longer fetal pole and a strong heart beat 145 bpm. it was GREAT!! especially since I was going in there to check up on a tummy problem i had NO clue I was preggers, my Doc looked at me and was like.. "you not alone!!!" lol
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009