When was you LO able to scribble with crayons?

When do they understand that the crayon makes marks on the paper and does not taste very good.

Farrahann

Asked by Farrahann at 5:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• We are trying that now.. We arnt doing so good.. We are 16m...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My oldest was about a year....my youngest (2 years) is starting to get the concept finally! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Im not sure exactly how old my son was maybe about a year or so. He started with a pen first because he sees us writing with them. He doesnt really put it in his mouth tho. I also brought him those crayola toddler things I believe theyre called doodles??? He loves those but sometimes he throws them because they are round like balls
    jjsmommi5

Answer by jjsmommi5 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My son turned 2 in January and is REALLY into scribbling now. I haven't seen one go into his mouth for a couple of weeks. Although keeping it on the paper seems to be a very difficult thing......
    My2J.A.P.s

Answer by My2J.A.P.s at 5:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My son started around 10 months. BUT he has many older sibblings that color all the time. So he just tries to keep up with them. He sat and watched them coloring for awhile then started grabbing crayons and helping. lol, But he didn't stop trying to eat them for about another month or 2.
    Anonymous

• Mine was about a year. But she didn't really start to enjoy it until about 18 months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My 3 y/o still eats crayons.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Try getting a HUGE piece of that white paper that teachers get. Looks like butcher paper but isn't. And tape it up on a empty wall in the hall or something. I do it for my son and he loves it. He's 2 now and he's been at it since he was about 1. Though now he's into markers.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:45 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Understood scribbling very early...took till 2 or three to stop eating them. I had to take them away for a awhile.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2009