Do you think people who receive public assistance should have to do public service?

Do you think they should have to do things like shoveling for the elderly, picking up garbage along the street, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL.. Thats funny...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• No cuz that means i wuld havta werk and i hate that so i dont
    Anonymous

• Yes. Maybe it could just be some kind of volunteer work. If I were ever in a position that I needed assistance I would gladly do community service. Either that or they should be working on schooling or some kind of a job training program.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You mean, gasp, work for what they are getting?? Well, yes, they should, if they are able. I am fully aware that not all recipients of PA are able to work.
    Anonymous

• Yea I wil shove the elderly! LOL
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 5:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Now a lady that worked with me at Kroger...she had to work at the local library 10-15 hours a week to keep her food stamps! It is not a bad idea but maybe some that need assistance have no way of getting to a place to do some work ya know?
    Anonymous

• AnnaMac...thats not really nice.
    Anonymous

• I know it is a joke! Come on lighten up. That was just how I read the quesion the first time around and couldn't help it.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 5:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Most states have transportation services for people receiving public assistance, so that excuse doesn't really work.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• i dont think its a bad idea. maybe the really lazy ones will think about getting a job instead
    Anonymous