6-month shots

If your baby had a redness and a hard ball under the skin, how long until it went away? I already called the doctor so I'm not worried about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you massage it, it will go away faster. It is caused from the shot (obviously, lol) but it will help the muscle relax.

I'm not sure how long it takes, I always massaged my daughters leg and it was gone within 2 hours.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• A LONG time. Like, 6 weeks. It got smaller over time, and then went away. What shot was it? DTaP? Same culprit for my son. I'd recommend NOT getting that one again, at least not till they're older.

Although it is a COMMON reaction, it is not NORMAL. Not saying it's damaging your kid, but I'd hold off on the next DTaP booster, If it was indeed that shot.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• research the ingrediants in vaccines they'll make you disgusted. Not trying too start anything. just letting people know what they are putting into their babies!!!
    Anonymous