Do thnk babies know who is rubbing your belly?

Well I'm 5months pregnant and I feel the baby move all the time but for some reason everytime I put my boyfriends hand on my stomach the baby stops moving...lol...!!!

malidale27

Asked by malidale27 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• thats the same with me my son moves none stop someone else touches my belly and he stops...
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 5:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Did you know who was rubbing your mother's belly when you were in the womb?
    Anonymous

• I think they do,just like moms voice,they know it.I would say they know moms touch too.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think it is possible. I mean they know moms voice, dads voice, and I know this one knows his sisters voice (at least he has stopped waking up everytime she cries, hopefully he will be able to sleep through it when he is here) so I wouldnt be too surprised if they could sense a difference in tough too.
    Terasasmom

Answer by Terasasmom at 5:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• that happens to me a lot too.. im 32 weeks. My baby moves for me all day long but it seems when ANYONE.. including my fiance touches my belly.. she stops all movement dead in her tracks so to speak lol so I think it is definitely possible.. it frustrates my fiance to no end!
    JLHennessey

Answer by JLHennessey at 5:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• That always happens to us! Now with my first pregnancy with my son if my husband put his hand on my stomach my son would immediately start kicking at it until he took it back off. Really funny now, since my son is very possessive over me and if Daddy and I try to cuddle he will still scoot himself in between us and push Daddy away. But now with this pregnancy with our little girl I am having the same issue. I am 39 weeks pregnant and my husband has literally felt her move maybe three times. She will be going crazy in there rolling and kicking all over and as soon as I tell him to feel she will just get still and go to sleep or something, lol, I think it's hilarious, but frustrating too as I want my husband to be able to feel his little girl kicking too!
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 6:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I always just thought it was because I concentrated too hard, and the baby noticed a difference, and started concentrating as well.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• anytime baby was active I wanted to show it off to my hubby....but none happening. EVERY single time Talon stopped moving the instant daddy came near!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2009