How do I help my 5yo dd to stop peeing in her underwear?

My dd has been toilet trained since she was 3 1/2 yo and hasn't had any accidents during the day. Now she's 5, in kindergarten and just 2 weeks ago started having accidents in school. She knows when to go but at recess she won't tell the playground aide she needs to go. Is or has anyone been through this situation? We have tried the reward program again but it doesn't seem to be working. Any advise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• rubber pants? lol sorry i have a mean sence of humor

really, she might be acting out? or just gets to excited when playing and forgets. IDK try to talk to her about it.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think she might be having too much fun to stop what she is doing and go find someone, she also might be embarrassed, you know, like oh wow i have to tell this person that i have to use the bathroom.

You could put Goodnights on her? They feel like underwear
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I would tell her and her teacher she need to go befor recess. That should fix the problem. Tell if she pees in her panties then...something is taken away...i use video games and movies for my son, even renting movies.
    Good luck!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 6:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Talk with the teacher. Tell dd that if she pees her pants, she loses recess. No reward, only consequences.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2009