• In the Spotlight:

Gross, I know, but did any of you ladies have diarreah before labor began?

And if so how long before? A week? A day? A few hours? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Very, very common in the day or two before. The body is trying to clear everything out and make as much room down there as possible.
    I honestly don't remember if I did or not though.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yep right after I got induced.
    Anonymous

• From what i hear that is very common. i mean, you are contracting and it is around your bowels, sooooo makes squishy poo!!
    alli286

Answer by alli286 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• lol, no but I couldnt stop puking! At home, in the car, on the bed rolling to labor & delivery!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yes, I googled it and it shows it as one of the signs that labor may be approaching, but doesn't really give you a good idea of how soon before, ya' know? So I hoped maybe some mommies on here could tell me from experience. I'm getting so excited hoping that maybe my pregnancy is FINALLY coming to an end!
    Anonymous

• well i haven't experience that yet but, my cousin a day before she had diarreah and in the afternoon of next day she had her baby so it's possible is good thought because you imagine giving labor and poop in the bed while you're pushing
    Milindus

Answer by Milindus at 6:30 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Haha, yes, I pooped while pushing my first child out. Hoping not to have that happen again. Thank God I was unware though and my husband didn't tell me until almost a year later...
    Anonymous

• a week before i went in to labor I was stuck in the bathroom for 7 hours straight!
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 6:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• With the onset of labor, your body releases hormones which can cause diarrhea and/or vomiting. I started vomiting all over the place.
    Anonymous

• Some may disagree, but I'd take the diarreah over vomiting any day. I hope that I don't get to experience both...I am glad to have left the puking back in my first and second trimesters!
    Anonymous