why is it ok to smoke pot?

why are there tons of women on here that think that it is ok to smoke pot? it is an illegal drug people that means it is against the law. have any of you been around people that smoke pot? if so why do you think it is ok? i have seen a ton of people smoke pot and it frightens me because people that smoke pot are not in the frame of mind to take care of them selves or there kids.

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 6:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've been around people who smoke pot. I won't say it's okay because it is illegal. I will say though if parents do smoke pot I pray they are not doing it when they are with their kids or even around their kids. I hope they have sense enough to find a babysitter or something in that nature. I can't judge because it's not my place but if that is a person's choice of drug I just hope the children aren't around to smell the odor or even get into to while their parents are sleeping it off.

I read a story once where I think a 3 or 4 year old was smoking his mother's cigs. They said the kids had been smoking for a while and was addicted to cigs. That could easily happen with marijuana if a child get ahold of it.

I myself have my cocktails whenever I get a day off work. Best believe I'm not intoxicated to where I can't take care of my kids. And normally it's on the weekend and they are in bed.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• People want to feel that they are not a bad person for doing pot. So they rationalize and when anyone says that smokin pot is wrong they get offended and take it personal. Just this week an innocent man was killed while on a cross walk because of an idiot mother who got high and drove with her kids in the car. The kids are, fortunately, not going to be raised by their mother anymore. And the family of the vicitm has to live with this tragedy forever. Try to tell them that weed is harmless.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's okay, but then again I don't even smoke ciggarettes or drink alcohol or anything either, so pot is a real terror for me.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 6:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Is drinking alcohol ok? Is smoking cigarettes okay? Is eating 20 donuts ok? You can overdo anything. Just because it's illegal to smoke pot doesn't make it outright wrong. There are times and places to do all those things. Just like I would NOT drink or smoke around my kids (I do neither) I wouldn't do drugs around them. Just like I wouldn't drive drunk, I wouldn't drive high. It's called being smart and responsible. There are people who overdo pot, just like eating too much is overdoing it. You need to learn all the reasons this government makes pot illegal, not just because people aren't in there right mind.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 6:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• its natural so why not, its not crack or meth. pot just calms. other man made drugs make you go crazy.
    Anonymous

• Because it's fine. I feel it's the same, if not less damaging, then alcohol.
    Anonymous

• Licking a frog is natural too.....let's all do that.
    Anonymous

• All the pro-pot people should come out and not be anon, that way we know who to call CPS on : )
    Anonymous

• so is it "okay" to smoke it in Amsterdam then? what do you mean by "okay"?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yeah, call cps on occasional pot smokers. Forget all the kids that are being beaten and neglected. Occasional marijuana use is MUCH worse.
    Anonymous