What do you think about "Going Green"?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 6:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've been going green since the first earth day...

I make a difference... In the olden days I used only white t paper... it used to be pretty like p towels... but the dyes are bad

I recycle when I can ... I do not let the water run while brushing my teeth...

This is all going green....

Saving the planet...

One person at a time...doing what we can for the good... of the people and the planet...
    RustysMom

Answer by RustysMom at 6:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think it's great to do whatever it will take to help the environment.. but I wish it wasn't so darn expensive.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 6:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• It's actually not that expensive if you know how to do it. in fact, it can actually SAVE YOU MONEY. ...you should join the group Green Organic Natural Simple Living ...if you want to find out more.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I try in simple ways when I can. For instance we use the reusable bags for our grocery shopping and if I forget to bring them then we bring back and recycle the plastic bags at Publix. It's so easy and not inconvenient at all, so why not?
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 6:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• It is a good idea..We have changed all our light bulbs to the fluorescent/incandescenttype. We are getting a new tank less hot water heater put in out house. And energy saving windows. I try to put my cloths on the line instead of the dryer. Weather permitting. We unplug things fromthe wall when it is not in use. I do this stuff for two reasons. For the environment. And to save us money.

Answer by louise2 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Meant "our house"

Answer by louise2 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think its great too! We do what we can to be green! Both of the companies I sell for are green companies. Avon has made a big deal of carrying go green products and doesnt test on animals. I'm very excited about Usborne Books too because they are made with paper form a sustainable forest. They also carry go green books to teach kids how to take care of our planet which are awesome! Titles like Going Green Kid Kit, What Shall I Grow?, This is the Tree , Why Should I Bother about the Planet? and many more! Check out my webstores www.youravon.com/dhullum and www.ubah.com/u2688 if you're interested :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 6:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Honestly, I don't buy it. I get really annoyed with the commericials pushing the "Go Green" agenda and having my 9 year old ask about recycling and all that. If it were that important, the gov't would step in, as it likes to do so much, and make anything bad for the environment illegal. Until that happens, I'm not falling for it. I do have those reusable grocery bags, but only because I'm tired of having so many plastic and paper bags cluttering my house.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I don't care about it at all. I don't recycle or anything... I'm not sure why other than I'm lazy and don't want to be bothered with it.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2009