Little bumps

My baby started having little bumps over his body. He has it primarily on his stomach area. He doesnt have a fever and doesnt seem to be uncomfortable in any way. He has also just started eating rice cereal. Could it be a food allergy? What should I do?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I don't know of anything that will make the bumps go away. If he is exhibiting signs that it is irritating or itchy, you can give him a baking soda bath. Other than that, I would stop the rice because my daughter's pediatrician told me to watch her for signs of allergies when she started eating rice cereal because it is more common than most people realize. Also if you have changed your detergents or fabric softener, etc, I would go back to what you were using before.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Have you switched the laundry detergent or soaps? I doubt it is a food allergy to rice
    Anonymous

• Best bet stop the rice cereal wait for the bumps to clear and then try again to rule it out. Does the box say it's just rice or is there wheat/dairy in it ?

Anonymous

• Box says its just rice. But am I going to stop the rice, wait for it to clear, and try again. But is there anything I can do to take the bumps go away or just let it go away on its own?
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2009