I get food stamps! Do you think its fair were allowed to pick what we want to buy?

For dinner tonight I made shrimp. Wasnt expensive but, maybe couldnt eat like that without foodstamps? What do you think? Be nice please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think foodstamps are fine but you shouldnt be able to buy candy or pop with it.
    Anonymous

• 'Sure, why not. If it's healthy food. Go for it. The junk food should be limited especially for kids.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 6:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I'm on food stamps and we're eating steak, potatoes and I think I'll make a salad too! I looovvee the fact that we can pick and choose what we want. I'm really pissed that WIC isn't going to let me get my free cheese. What a crock.....
    Anonymous

• No, I have no problem with people on foodstamps buying whatever they want from the store. I have a problem that people in my area are always trying to sell the “card” for half of what they have on it.
    Anonymous

• It only annoyed me when I was young and worked at Publix and I'd see women come in and spend like $50 in food stamps on 4 or 5 subs from the deli. It just bothered me since most of the time they did have their children with them and I just thought about how many meals that could have been purchasing with that money...or hell, how much deli meat, bread, and condiments if they really wanted subs, you know? But to spend that much on something pre-made that's only going to feed your family lunch one day...I don't know...it just bothered me a bit.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 6:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• you can go to papa murphys and get a pizza because its not baked with foodstamps and thats not right to me. they need to limit it like they do with wic
    Anonymous

• I dont buy steak or ribs though. Shrimp is like once a month! Iam pretty good with mine. I dont buy junk. Yes i let my kids have cookies but, who doesnt!
    Anonymous

• If you spend it wisely and on good food then what's the big deal? Better to serve your family shrimp than bbq chips and mountain dew for dinner.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yea whatever isnt cooked you can buy! You cant buy coffee drinks though already made. I just hate to see women buying a crap load of tv dinners. Its a waste... i know my kids would be happier with a real hot meal.
    Anonymous

• I think being on food stamps encourages people to not want to get a job! I used to be on welfare and my husband didnt need to have a job if he didnt want. OUr rent was paid and heat we got paid $40 a month which baught diapers and we got over $500 FS. And noone ever made him get a job. But he finally got tired of living on welfare an we both have amazing jobs and eat way better then FS would have fed us!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous