Saint Patricks Day? Who Celebrates, How Do You Celebrate? etc.

Okay... posting a new question to 1) lighten it up a little 2) curiosity and 3) to learn something new.

This is for all.. Christians and non-Christians alike.

Do you Celebrate Saint Patricks Day? If so is it just generic non religious day to have fun etc?

Do the Christians and non-Christians no who Saint Patrick was?

bonn777

Asked by bonn777 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Catholic here....oh yeah we celebrate! I make corned beef, cabbage and boiled potatoes. This probably sounds crazy, but I also make cornbread and peach cobbler.....okay okay, I'm southern too....... We remember Saint Patrick in the grace we say before dinner.

Sometimes I make green eggs and ham for the kids for breakfast. It is Dr. Seuss, but my oldest kind of had the whole green thing confused when he was little. It was more fun to make the green eggs and ham than to argue the point! I have also one green pancakes(added chopped apples to those) and green oatmeal.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Corned Beef & Cabbage with homemade soda bread is one of our all time favorite meals! We look forward to it every year! I honestly don't know why we don't make it more often, LOL. We really do love it.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Never really celebrated it, don't celebrate it now either.The most I ever did was wear green and orange (both). I know the history on who St. Patrick was.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Well we are Christians but we'll just be going to our city St Patty's Day parade, wearing green and drinking green beer all day.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• KristiS11384 - I thought you would no the history... your answers are usually informed.   : )

bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Corned beed and cabbage and beer : ) and wearin o' the green
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Corned beef not beed LOL
    pnwmom

• snickers...pnwmom did you have the beer already...LOL
    Anonymous

• st. patricks day maybe LOL

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• pnwmom - I like the saint patrick sweetpea.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2009