How many different types of Houses of Worship have you visited in your life?

I've obviously been to Synagogue, but I've been to Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, Lutheran, and Mennonite churches with friends for various events. I find it interesting to see the differences in architecture and art that is found in the different buildings. I've never had the opportunity to visit a Mosque, but I would really like to see one some day. I saw the Al Hambra in Spain and it was stunning.

Marwill

Asked by Marwill at 6:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Cool... I have been to Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, Universal Unitarian, Catholic, Synagogue, Presbyterian.  The different music is great, the rituals, the architecture of the buildings. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I really don't remember them all.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I've been to a messianic synagogue but not to one that wasn't messianic yet (want to though), also have been catholic churches (went to catholic school) baptist, pentecostal (grew up in it), lutheran, episcopalian.. and yes you're right the architecture in each one can be very different and unique. From the pipe organ to the stained glass windows... then different types of crosses and steeples... I love hearing the different bells on the catholic churches.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The one I grew up in and I did visit a catholic church once.

Thats it. It was a no-no to visit other places.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The Kingdom Hall (of Jehovah's Witnesses), a Christian Reformed Church, a Baptist church, a Catholic church, and one that I don't even know what it was...lollove you sign

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 7:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Raised Lutheran (Mysouri Synod), been to a Baptist and Catholic...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I was married in an 800 year old Church of England and I also visited Kings College Chapel at Cambridge University which is also C of E and is still the most beautiful and impressive Church I have ever visited.  It took over a century to build and was completed in 1547.

I have visited Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris which is Catholic.

I have also visited Limburg Cathedral in Germany.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I agree that the architecture and art work at some places of worship are stunning! I had a wonderful tour of Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales and they have some of the most beautiful churches!

I've never seen the inside of a temple or mosque, though...Thats on my to-do list!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Buddhist Temples
    Catholic Church
    Presbyterian Church
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The ones I can remember are Catholic, Assembly of God, Church of God, Baptist, Methodist, Apostolic, Pentecostal, Church of Christ, Messianic Jewish (but not in a Synagogue), several Spanish churches and Black churches. Went to the Catherdral of Notre Dame in Paris & that was probably the most beautiful one I had seen. I should try & find my pictures, scan & then post it. The architecture was remarkable on that one!
    christianmom55

Answer by christianmom55 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2009