Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do i need to know about making this child healthy?

i am 16 years old and if i told my parents i was pregnant they would kick me out of the house. i am about 7 weeks along and i need some real advice. if you know anything that could help me than please let me know. i also need some housing because i will have no where to go after my parents find out and i have no money. so if you can help me get into a apartment or something than please let me know.

Answer Question

Asked by sciencecrazy16 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • You cannot get an apartment on your own at the age of 16. You need to tell your parents and need to go to the doctor

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • How do you know this is how your parents will respond? Is this just how you assume they will react?

    Regardless, you can buy Pre-Natal viamins over the counter, you don't need a prescription, and you need to take them.
    Eat healthy. No junk, no fast food, no smoking no drinking, stay away from shell fish.
    Go to the doctor. Get Medical, they can not tell your parents, and they will help you pay for your doctor visits. With your own insurance, your doctor can not tell your parents either.

    But really, you need to tell your parents. You might be surprised by their reaction. They will probably be upset at first, but more often than not they will come around. You are their child, you are pregnant with their grandchild...have faith in them.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • You can not rent an apartment tell you are legally grown. Or emancipated. Weather you like it or not ,,,you need to tell your parents. Legally they can not throw you out..Call CPS on them if they do.


    Answer by louise2 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • Hell I wish someone on CM would give me an apartment. Anyways, I have say that if you knew your parents were going to kick you out then it probably wasn't very smart to get pregnant. Shit happens but that's where responsibility kicks in. And louise is right, they can't kick you out until your 18 at which time you will be able to get your own place...legally.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • Go to t he doctors, you need to get bloodwork soon. Eat healthy, no drugs, smoking or drinking. Tell your parents now. Next time, use a condom!!!!

    Answer by Andrewbrian2 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • You need to see a doctor. Perhaps you can find a counselor through your school to help you with telling your parents.GL

    Answer by Farrahann at 8:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • Okay. First things first. You will be okay. Talk to your parents, at 19 pregnant by my boyfriend of 5 years, telling my parents was the harding thing ever, and suprisingly, they handled it very well. I thought they would KILL me. Then you need to get some pre-natals. Or some Flintstone vitamins, you can take two of those.Then you need to see a doctor, apply for medicaid if you need to, and work things out with your parents. Maybe get a part time job if you doctor says its okay to save up some money. Figure out how you're gonna do school- its not an awful Idea to go ahead and get a GED before the baby is born. Then you could probably attend a few college classes, or try for a pell grant and do classes online while pregnant and after you have the baby. Apply for WIC if you qualify, I assume your parents are tax payers. Um... Just be strong. Its scary, but amazing.

    Answer by Auntiemom410 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • I can relate at almost 18 I was pg the first time and thought my parents would kill me..heck my mom had repeatedly told me if I came home pg she was taking a coat hanger to me.. she didn't but I learned from that forward I have 7 daughters to of them teenagers..relaistically I know they most likely will be come sexually active before the age of 18 so we've had lots of talks neither one is sexually active but they both know if they did get pg what my response is going to that said you can go to planned parenthood most have midwives now and they can take care of all your pg related needs..including counseling and possibly helping you with telling your also need to figure out what you are going to do with the baby after you have it adoption is always a good choice..

    Answer by redgeminijen at 10:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.