Obama Considers Request to Deploy Troops to Mexican Border

I am ALL for this!! I am not an Obama girl but if he does this I think it would be a VERY good thing. I keep hearing stories coming from those boarder states that are horrific! Stop the illegals and the drug cartels! What say you?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That will never happen. Even though I wish it would happen. Military laws/rules do not allow that.
    I asked my DH that just retired from the army 2 years ago..He blabbed on in depth about the reason why. I don't remember it all. But it will not happen.

Answer by louise2 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Sorrry...4got the link....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/12/obama-considers-request-deploy-troops-mexican-border/

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Were is proof to your story? Link please.
    Anonymous

• I seem to remember him talking about this on the campaign trail...
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 7:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• really heather.. I really don't. I think most of his base would have hated it! Do you have a link or something? I would like to see. (by the way I know that sounds b****y but I really don't mean it that way!!)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• IF IF IF it's true - it's about damn time! We sure as hell don't need anymore people here illegally.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• They would have to be VERY careful with how they do it. For example, they do use the Navy to help with drug interventions as they come in over the water into the US, BUT - they have to have someone from the Coast Guard or etc on board, because the Sailors can't arrest them.

It get's VERY tricky when you try to use US troops inside the border of the US, because constitutionally, US troops can't be deployed against American citizens (people who are serving in a foreign military overseas doesn't "count" the same way) - it's one reason why Hurricane Katrina was an issue - the military can't arrest civilians. It was done this way to prevent a corrupt govt from using our own military to suppress the populace.

BUT - since the people they would be arresting / detaining are not citizens, and if they were being used as a "resource" for other govt agencies, it's not impossible, very hard, but not impossible.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I believe the National Guard could be deployed. It was done in 2006, I believe. I think it would be great, AS LONG AS THEY WERE ALLOWED TO DO THEIR JOB. With Janet Napolitano, I dunno though.  She is too far up some of those Sanctuary Politicians who believe in more freedoms for illegals and less protection for American citizens.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• They need to PULL ALL troops from the MIDDLE EAST and have them HERE to DEFEND our country, NOT build THEIRS
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Oh! Theres your problem! You got that BOLOGNA from FOX NEWS! LOL
    Anonymous