Is anyone on prozac, what are your side effects? Has it made you loose or gain weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Health

• I was on it a couple yrs ago. It gave me really bad headaches. I didn't loose or gain weight either.
    Anonymous

• I WAS on Prozac. I hated it. I didn't notice any weight gain on it. But, I did have terrible heartburn, insomnia and headaches. I only got the heartburn after I took a pill, which my doctor prescribed a heavy duty antacid for. (Didn't help though.) He also prescribed a sleep aid after I complained I couldn't sleep and told me to take 3 ibuprofen tablets when I got the headaches. (Again, didn't work.) I weened myself off of it and low and behold, all those symptoms went away.
    Anonymous

• It destroyed my metabolism. I took it from 1999-2001. I gained a lot of weight and had difficulty losing it. Coming off it was horrible, but I did because I was pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I've never used prozac before, however if you are looking for an answer from an expert, you can visit this website which have chock-full of information on ANY kind of medication. They have useful articles on health and general well being, If you can't find what you are looking for, you can email them as well for answer....hope it helps.

http://www.medicationreview.net/

tina_c828

Answer by tina_c828 at 2:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2009