• In the Spotlight:

How does a Ovarian cyst feel when it bursts?

I have tried to have sex 3 times in the last 3 days and had to stop twice because of the pain, the 3rd time I just delt with the pain. After that time I had severe pain on my left side, where I usually get my cysts. I took 1000mg of Tylenol and still had a hard time even walking without pain. Today I still have some dull pain on my left side. What does anyone think?

Christinee100

Asked by Christinee100 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• like your dying! It hurts bad! I was bent over in pain and was crying...My hubby took me to the ER more than once for ruptured cysts....I'm sorry your going through this!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think you should go to the doctor! Sometimes it can get infected......
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Oh! And no more sex! LOL
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• exactly like you are dying!!!! take ibprofen insted and I would go to the dr just to make sure you don't have an ovarian torsion. thats not good at all.
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yep, the first two say it like it is - when I read this question, my automatic response was "Like you're dying." I'm not going to tell you it's not a ruptured cyst (that would be foolish of me, I'm no doc) but that you CAN walk is a lot more than I could do. My fiance and I were in bed when mine ruptured and I was doubled over in tears because even breathing hurt. He had to half-carry me to the car for an ER ride where they did painkillers via IV. Whatever it is, you should get yourself to the hospital. You're not doing yourself any favors keeping yourself in the dark - the problem could just get worse.
    Reulia

Answer by Reulia at 9:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Mine ruptured once after sex, when I got up to go to the bathroom, I almost fainted, and was in severe pain.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• ok it feels like someone is stabbing you in the side.if it has burst you need to be checked out right away.i ahd one in december and had to have a hysterectomy
    jlb25823

Answer by jlb25823 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2009