Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My hasband owes in back child support on two other children besides the 2 we have together will we still get the 2009 tax stimulus refund? or any money back...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • Doubt it. My husbands first wife was behind on her cs and we got her and her husbands full tax return. her new husband was VERY pissed.
    Best bet if you don't want any of your money to go to his cs file seprate returns, with you claiming the kids. You might want to do a trial run on and see if he would get stuck paying any taxes that way first. it might be a wiser to each claim a kid for the return.

    Answer by Vanessannd at 8:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • It will all go towards CS. If there is anything left over youll get that back, but thats it.

    Answer by Chandra034 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2009


    Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • there is no "check" coming out in 2009.

    Answer by amber325 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • No Stimulus Checks. And Yes, the IRS will proably send the tax refund towards the back child support. And, why hasn't he provided for his children ?????????????????????????

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.