Do any of you have any tips and advice for this looonnnnggg adventure ??

On monday me and my two year old son are moving from Florida to Michigan. (thats were family is) and we driving... well I am driving. It's about a 21 hour drive and I plan on stopping one night maybe twice. Any advice is great advice.

Lisse_2006

Asked by Lisse_2006 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• does he have a leapster or do you have a portable dvd player? i found that my sons leapster keeps him occupied in the car for at least 3 hours and then i break out the dvd player and that keeps him still for another 2-3 hours. also i would pack plenty of snacks and juice boxes so that he can eat without you stopping everywhere. also a coloring book and crayons (we bring our color wonder set everywhere so we don't have to worry about the mess. and if possible leave EARLY like say he sleeps from 9pm - 9 am then id leave at 4-5am so that at least for the first couple of hours he would be asleep. youre brave though cause i won't even drive the 2 hours from here to miami with my 2 year old alone lol.... good luck
    marrionsmommy

Answer by marrionsmommy at 9:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• portable dvd player. try to play visual games.cut pictures out of magazines of things you may see on the rd and paste them to pieces of poster board (that you cut into small squares) and make a book and have him try to spot the items. tell him every time he sees one clap his hands. switch it up some and tell him after he's seen the items next start saying 'hooray' every time he sees one. (it's been a long time since mine were two that isn't too advanced for a two year old is it?) also making a lot of little pit stops to sight see will help him out tons! even if it's just to see funny looking animal statues. i know some little stores and restaurants will have weird things out front to see. Also, if it's a safe place to stop try stopping at state lines and get out to snap a photo of the state line also,make a 'travel bag' to sit on the passenger seat and switch up books and toys that he can play with. only give him one at a time
    igot2

Answer by igot2 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2009