how i can make my own driveway guard

to any of ya'll do it yourselfers. I need a plan to make my own driveway guard. My driveway goes into the back of my house and i want to block it off so my kids can't leave the backyard. I dont want to pay 80 dollars for it so i was needing some ideas. There is dirt on both sides of my driveway to put stakes. (my house is on one side and there is a fence on the other) I just wondered if anyone had any ideas of materials or anything that i could use to do this project that would be inexpensive. I hope i don't sound like a moran. Thanks for any advice i can get. ( my husband tells me he is going to do something for me but he is usually too busy with work to do stuff around the house.

busygal26

Asked by busygal26 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Go to eHow and check and see if anyone has written an article about this. If not, request one. Someone should be able to help you!
    Anonymous

• There's plastic netting available in the garden department of Lowe's that might be tall and strong enough to keep the kids in. You could affix it permanently on one end and on the other attach the netting to a piece of two by four then out of rope make a tight loop to use to close the fence on the other post. That way you can open the gate up. Sort of like ranch fences between pastures.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Hi, busygal26,

It's Cafe Sheri from CafeMom's Home & Garden Buzz.

Come on over and ask Celebrity Handyman Anthony Gilardi from HGTV your driveway guard question. He visits CafeMom, gives FREE advice, and answers home repair and improvement questions for CafeMoms every other week in Home & Garden Buzz. He's really thorough and awesome.

Ask Anthony your home repair question here.

Cafe Sheri

Answer by Cafe Sheri at 6:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2009