Do you beleive any old wives tales about knowing the sex of the baby without scan?

The reason i ask is cos according to old wives tales im having a boy. I have: lop-sided boobs, coarse black hair on my legs and a very hairy stomach. I'm actually hoping for a boy. But, i'm going to find in two weeks at the scan anyway.

But, has anyone ever actually guessed the correct sex due to these ideas? or do you think its a load of bullshit?

No bashing, Just for fun.

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did the ring on a string both times for my pregnancies that came out right both times! I am not saying it works it just so happend to be right both times with me
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 8:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• The majority of them were wrong for us. Three boys, three totally different pregnancies...totally different symptoms, etc.

Oh, and the Chinese charts? You guessed it! Wrong all three times! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• chinese charts didn't work for me either
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 8:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Chinese chart says boy for me too. Everything is pointing towards boy!!! :D
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• How do u do the ring on a string thing?? I keep hearing about it...I wanna do it with the next one I have :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You get a ring (usually wedding ring) tie a piece of string to it and hold it over you bump. If it spins its a.....uh, cant remember. If it spins its X Gender if it swings from side to side its X gender.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• well everything said i was having twins but im not.... so good luck
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• my SIL did the ring test, looked at the chinese gender chart and the (baby's) heart rate test...they all said girl...she found out last Tuesday that she is having a girl (I'm so excited btw) so for her, they were all true?
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 9:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2009