Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not really a question more of a vent...i just had to get this out...

My husband works at a factory and makes $13/hour and is at work all the and my kids never see him unless we are saying goodbye...we have two young children and im 6 months pregnant...he brings home about 400-500 a week...and they take out almost 300 dollars a week in child support for the two other children he has (i didnt know he had other kids until last August)...this leaves us struggling week to week...i cant find a job..even if i did i couldnt afford child care....we have no car and we cant afford one...we can barely afford rent...i walk with my 2 and 3 year old every week to go to food banks... and since his gross income is what it is we are not able to get any type of help.... i just want to scream...thanks for listening..i know alot of people are having a terrible time right now...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • welfare will give him credit for child support paid my sister and her husband get a credit for it have you tried to get some food stamps or applied for housing help


    Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • didnt know he had other kids until last August)...

     that is scary how do you deal with that and trust him no offence


    Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • I am so sorry - it's a vicous cycle isn't it? My husband and I could really use the help from WIC at times but we don't qualify, I don't know how so many people can get so much stuff for free and others can't. Oh well it's just how things go I guess *hugs* I hope your day gets better

    Answer by JAJA_Steele at 8:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • I am really sorry you are having such a terrible time right now. Have you went to the local welfare office and explained your situation. You would think they should be able to help some. Maybe food stamps or something. They should have to take in consideration his other children he has to support. If not i know that it is hard for you right now but things usually have away of getting better. Maybe your luck will turn around soon. Good luck to ya girl.

    Answer by busygal26 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • i have tried to get stamps...and every other thing that could help..everyone has told me no....i understand that the other children need support thats not the problem is that they are giving one of the woman $226 a week and the other ones gets $72 a week...that doesnt even leave him enough money to support our children... its a VERY long story to why i didnt know about the other is something we are working through...that is a whole other story...please dont judge. :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • If you can go online to your states DSS , google it, you can print off the pages fill them out and mail them in. Or you can get the phone numbers and apply for help over the phone, they will understand the no car situation. It usually goes by the size of the family and income, I would think you would qualify.. Good luck to you , message me if you need to chat...

    Answer by 4x4mum at 9:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

  • He could go to the court house and get some papers on filing for a reduction of child support. Explain to the courts his situation and how much he makes, and ask for it to be lowered.. they probably will do it. My ex husband got his lowered A LOT and we struggle SO bad now because of it. He's not even willing to get a damn job to pay the child support.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • 226 a week? I only get 166 a week for 3 kids and he makes 30.00 an hr and works 70-80 hrs a week!!! I have tried to get mine upped and they wont do it!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.