What's the funniest thing you've ever heard about your own religion?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 8:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I am Catholic. I had a Catholic friend in college and she was a little "adventureous". She was convinced that all was okay, she could do what she wanted as long as she went to confession on Saturday!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• That you get virgins for committing suicide...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• There are a million jokes about Unitarian Universalists. A Prarie Home Companion with Garrison Kieler (sp?) is always poking fun at us! It's light hearted though, we can take it! Somebody asked me if we believed that God was an alien and we came from another planet. Sorry! That's not us!
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 8:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I've never heard that Catholics were cannabils. I just remember when they got caught being pedophiles-the day I lost all of my faith.
    Anonymous

• Don't you think this question could be offensive to some? Religions are serious and you shouldn't poke fun of them.
    Anonymous

• I am non denominational,but when I was going to the Pentecostal Church,people used to say do yall handle snakes,Ah no! I would make a new door if they would have brought one out,they would have thought I had the holy ghost( no pun intended I promise) I am scared to death of a snake lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Its only offensive if you want to make it that way...We all need to lighten up a lil bit :)
    Anonymous

• I like the lighter mood of the last 4 or 5 questions. And I'm sure there are funny things people believe about all religions... true or not. This is also a good way to learn about others and their beliefs.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• That Nazarenes don't dance :)
    lonelymom911

Answer by lonelymom911 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2009