what could be wrong??

My 20month old DS has been sick on and off for a long time.. He has had tons of ear infections, sinus infections and diareah and loss of appetite and with the sinus inf his right eye gets infected too. He has tubes, and has had an adinoidectomy, he has also been on every antibiotic, but nothing seems to work? The ENT did a culture of his sinuses and it came back as one of the most common strands of bacteria, so it should be going away with the antibiotic?? He sugested blood work to see if there are any abnormalities... I'm worried sick and just want to know if anyone has been through anything like this before or if anyone has any suggestions.
He is breastfeed and we don't smoke, and are pretty healthy eaters. He takes probiotics and multivitamin.

mamaof2748

Asked by mamaof2748 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• take a look at www.sharethecause.com/hastily   this has lots of info.  Not all supplements (vitamins)  are the same.  I know antibiotics kill the bad with the good-glad you are on probiotics. Even though we eat good, it is hard to get the nutrition we need these days with soil depletion and pesticides.  Toxins and heavy metals are a problem now in the food we eat, water we drink and the air we breathe.  This company of supplements work on the philosophy to remove the bad things, replenish what we need, and restore our body.. We have been well this winter  which is not the usual thing.  Email me for more info  jmcansler@gmail.com

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 9:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think it's time for a second opinion consult. Your ENT may be doing everything right, but maybe a fresh perspective will be helpful. Good luck!!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Random thougt what about food/seasonal allergies ? It's easy to rule out through a blood test.

I had tons of issues growing up with my ears/throat/sinuses and had to have my tonstils out. Also did he have his out or just adnoids ? I noticed a difference removing my tonstils health wise. Then later as I got older I realized how bad both seasonal and possible food allergies were aggrivating things. I started to take zyrtec long term, wear a mask to dust, stay away from irritants and that improved my sinsues. Then after that after I got off dairy due to us finding out my son's allergies, Prior to all this I was about to get a CT of m sinuses and now have had no issues the past few years.

Also if he is in daycare maybe his body is just not getting a break if he is sensitive to certain viruses and his ears/nose/throat are irritated. So he is like a magnet. That was how my son was only to bronchitis due to his allergies.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried taking him off dairy? It could be a food sensitivity. Check out http://www.thefooddoc.com/

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2009