does anyone know the symptoms to strep throat on an adult??..and is chills part of it?

my hubby has been sick for 3 days now he keeps feeling tired and has a sore throat,chills,cough,sneezing,runny nose,mucus .... a girl mentioned it might be strep throat because its going around I guess....so I was wondering if anyone could help me out on the symptoms of strep throat...thanks

TalindasMommy

Asked by TalindasMommy at 8:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Health

• I would think that it could be a number of things. With Strep, I would tend to say his throat would be extremely sore. You also should be able to view white spots on the back of the throat. It kind of sounds like the flu though.
    Anonymous

• I have had strep throat several times and my symptoms change from time to time. The first time I got it my face was swollen, my throat was killing me, I had a fever and chills as well. After the first time though, I have only had a sore throat and a slight fever. I would suggest that your hubby go to the doctor but I know how tough that can be. Is he taking in OTC medicine?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Sounds like more of a sinus infection with the sneezing and stuff. But even if it is strep, you can get chills if you have a fever. He should go to the doc to make sure, letting strep go to long is dangerous.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• * red and white patches in the throat
    * difficulty swallowing
    * tender or swollen glands (lymph nodes) in the neck
    * red and enlarged tonsils
    * headache
    * lower stomach pain
    * fever
    * general discomfort, uneasiness, or ill feeling
    * loss of appetite and nausea
    * rash

Answer by admckenzie at 10:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2009