How soon after a miscarriage should you wait to try again?

bethany_smith

Asked by bethany_smith at 9:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a miscarriage last year in November, I was 8 weeks prego. I did not have a D&C since my ultrasound revealed my body had expelled everything. My doctor said to wait at least 3 months (3 cycles) to give my body the time to heal. My two cycles after miscarrying were EXTREMELY HEAVY. The one from February was fairly back to normal not as heavy. I'm waiting on this cycle, the 18th of this March to see if it's back to normal, than we may continue plans for another pregnancy. Best of luck and blessing to us both!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 12:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My doctory said you should wait until you have two cycles. After my first miscarriage, I only waited one cycle. By the next scheduled cycle, I was pregnancy and it ended in an ectopic pregnancy.
    JenaElliott

Answer by JenaElliott at 9:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• it may depend on your own circumstances. when i had a miscarriage (of course this was about 10 years ago.... oh my God i really felt old saying that) they said to wait a year. they are always changing things now, though. I got pregnant 6 months later and had a very easy pregnancy and gave birth to a very healthy boy who now thinks he's grown at age 7(well may as well say 8 he'll be 8 on the 28th) your best bet is to talk to your doctor. they can advise you the best on these types of situations. it may partly depend on how far along you were when you had the miscarriage.
    igot2

Answer by igot2 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009