I heard a drink or 2 every couple of weeks wasn't bad. When my aunt wa prego, the doc told her it was ok to take a few shots of vodka, i drink beer. What do you guys think?

I dont drink that often. I just want to know what you guys think.

Mrs.Sleeter

Asked by Mrs.Sleeter at 9:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think your aunts doctor is a quack ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think what is more important, your childs health or a drink?

Anonymous

• I wouldn't risk it, having a drink is not worth possibly causing harm to my child. 9 months isn't that long of a wait.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I've heard that, and I've heard that in European countries, women are often encouraged to drink a little., with the argument that the harm to the baby is minimal. For me, it comes down to a choice for my child-- do I take the risk of harming my baby by drinking alcohol, knowing that alcohol has been provent to damage neural cells, or do I not? I choose not. I choose not to take even a minimal risk.

I, however, do eat cold cuts. And hot dogs. Can't help it. Gotta have it.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• My Dr. actually told me a glass of wine or a beer a week isnt' gonna do any harm to you or your baby, I had a glass of wine a week up until the night before I had her.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I have also heard a couple wont hurt also,but I would'nt risk anything when it come to my baby,because if something was to be wrong with him/her,I would blame myself for the rest of my life.If you don't drink that much,then I think you could wait until the baby is born to drink.But It's up to you.Lord I'm sounding like a Mom. Good Luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• For the nine months that you carry a precious child in your body, it makes sense that you do everything possible to protect him or her, which includes not drinking.

Answer by Bmat at 9:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• um they say if your having preturm labor or ealry contractions and glass of red wine is good to stop that... id never do it but each there own
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• a glass of red wine a week is ok when you are preggo. its actually good for the heart. i wouldnt recomend anything else though especially hard alcohol, thats a big no no.
    Alina456

Answer by Alina456 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I seriously would drink any drink while preggy because it could cause your baby to come out with SERIOUS problems!.
    TalindasMommy

Answer by TalindasMommy at 9:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2009