My son loves to play noggin on my computer....

but I'm skeptical to allowing him to play daily. How often does your 6yr old play on the computer? I'm a homeschooling mom and I really want him to focus more. He has excellent grades. Every assessment has been well over 95% but, I'm just nervous about the whole tv/computer thing every day. What's your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• at his age.. maybe an hour a day.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Keep it limited. They get addicted.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I let me 3 year old play as much as he wants. He loves Noggin.com also. He still plays outside, reads books, plays with his other toys, etc . .
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Look for some educational websites to get him on too. starfall.com is awesome, pbskids.org, sesamestreet.org, etc. My daughter is only 4, but has been playing on the computer since she could sit on my lap and hit the keys. I set up her own logon on our computer, with all the parental controls set, and a list of websites she can click on and go to. If you have Vista, you can even set time limits. I think at most she plays on the computer for 2 hours total in one day, but most of the time it's about half an hour and she's on to something else. I have a good mix of educational and just fun sites for her to choose from. She is very active too, so actually her time on the computer is my time to sit and catch my breath, ha!
    jemm

Answer by jemm at 7:24 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My 8 yr has his own... infact we are ordering him a new on this weekend... he has been using on since he has been 5 and we have never had to limit his usuage...
     He has a Webkinz that he tends too... he has a few childrens sites such Nick Jr  that he plays games on...but my 8 yr old also reads up on his Nascar and other sports... (we don't do the cable thing at all in this house) so he can even watch shows on his...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2009