Should I admit myself? *UPDATE from Tues' post*

Hey ladies, just wanted to see if any of you had been keeping up... Tues night I posted a ?? about whether or not I should go in over a few contractions I'd had. They were quite a bit severe, and I have a pretty good pain tolerance.

Anyway, beyond that, I had 14 contractions between 730pm and 9pm, so I checked into the MW. Come to find out I had the start of a bladder infection?

I've had them before being pregnant, and I've always noticed them right away, treated them, and been able to stop them before they got too bad or out of hand. This time, I didn't even know I had one, and they were causing the contractions.

Have any of you ladies experienced this? What other slight little "illnesses" could cause labor? I guess I don't understand how something so small and easy to solve could put me into labor 6 weeks early?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 9:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It wasn't putting you into labor, really. It was just your body trying to tell you.
    I haven't really heard of illnesses causing labor.
    14 contractions in 2 1/2 hours is a few, but not labor-worthy.
    Anonymous

• i went to the hospital earlier this week with contractions and found out i had a uti as well, it was causing very painful irregular contractions. they gave me a medication but my contractions have increased and are more painful. my due date is also in 9 days so that plays a part as well im sure
    paitynsmommy09

Answer by paitynsmommy09 at 6:14 AM on Mar. 13, 2009