How do I cure my soda addiction?

I have been dieting and cut down to diet soda... But I fell off the wagon yesterday with a regular Coke. I can't stop myself.. I love Coke!!! Any suggestions on how to get back on the wagon and stop the Coke Addiction??? Should I just not eat and drink Coke, because I think that would be easier.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wish it was as easy for me to give up my diet coke as some people have suggested. I've tried drinking water and even had iced tea at times to slowly wean off the caffeine, but nothing has worked. Sometimes I get down to one can a day, but then one bad day will start me drinking a lot more again. If you find something that works let me know...I swear there's something besides the caffeine that's addictive about it.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• OMG same here I have to have pepsi or I get mean and get headaches I wish I could leave it alone but cant lol

Anonymous

• When they find a cure.. let me know! Iknow how you feel. I bought some diet cherry 7up today, its not too bad. But I noticed when I drink diet... IM always hungry!! I lov coke too...
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yeah I love Coke..there's probably still cocaine in it..there must be!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I say the best way to quit anything is cold turkey. It worked for me and cigarettes. You just have to be strong. And don't let set backs get you down. You fall off the wagon, you get up, brush yourself off, and get back on! Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Diet Coke isn't any good either. You have to stop them both and drink plenty of water. I quit all at once and have been drinking water since.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• You are talking about a caffeine addiction.  The only way to kick it is to just stop drinking it.

Answer by louise2 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• the only way is COLD TURKEY. drink only water, and if you still crave a sweet drink, try crystal light on the go packets- i love the lemonade and tea with lemon flavors.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 9:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Yea I am addicted to Dr pepper. I have just been drinking a ton of water and it is ok to have a soda every once and a while. It is hard but I have been doing this for a couple of months now and it is way easier to walk past a dr pepper and not give in.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• lol, my pregnancy helped me... this lil bun in the oven actually craves water..of all things... water... I do still drink soda but not near as much... on the days when I don't want cola at all I do get a headache- I know I am addicted to caffeine... sigh... i am working on sticking to the water
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 9:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2009