Another Cloth Diaper Question

I'm thinking of switching to cloth diapers from disposable. I'm tired of throwing away $20 a week on diapers. I go online to search for suggestions and they have all sorts of diapers. all in ones, diaper covers, soakers. . . I'm confused. Can anyone suggest a type of diaper? Do you have a location (store or website) that you think is best? HELP!!??

Oh, by the way. . . my son is 17 months and we are considering having another child soon. . .

Thanks, Allison

chrissmom734

Asked by chrissmom734 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What she said.... THIRSTIES!!!! They are the best, and they look so very cute on the naked baby. I bought mine at cottonbabies.com, and to really save money buy regular flat diapers (the ones that Pamper-mamas use as burp cloths) and fold em up to fit your baby, then throw some safety pins in there and add the thirsties diaper covers. The flat diapers, hell I bought those at Wal-Mart (Gerbers brand) but they sell the Birdseye flats at cottonbabies also. If you're really broke, buy the Gerbers "rubber pants" type diaper covers, they are cheap and they work. But the Thirsties are just so CUUUUUUTE!
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 7:08 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I'm still learning, but I think pockets are really good and easy for beginners. Like FuzziBunz: www.fuzzibunzonline.com
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 10:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I just switched too and my baby's a toddler. I hear awesome things about bumgenius. But I'm broke, so we went with Thirsties and prefolds. I got 6 Thirsties covers from weebunz.com and bought 4 dozen Gerber prefolds from Target. I spent about $140 in total. Then a few bucks for baking soda and vinegar to wash them. They're not too bulky, but I did have to get her shorts and pants in the next size up. I usually only wash the prefolds unless a leak gets to the cover.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I like All In Ones, or Prefolds/Contours with a cover. Not a big fan of the pocket dipe. I have a particular seller on Ebay that I like, she makes the AIO's. Amyann06 is her name on Ebay.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• check out www.diaperswappers.com
    you can find lots of info on CDing there!
    also there are several really great cloth diaper groups here at cafemom, do a search and you can join a few and get lots of info!
    I personally love the cuties with cloth booties group!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:15 AM on Mar. 13, 2009