TMI question about toddler poop

The last week or so my 19month old son's stools have been green. I mean guacamole green. the texture seems to vary from hard little rabbit pebbles to pretty mushy. is he okay? how long should i wait to call his pediatrician?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Has he been eating popsicles? or Jello? or koolaid?? The food color in these foods can change poop. If he has eaten something like this, then there's no need to worry. As of the texture....I'm not sure.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 10:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I really have no idea about the poop, but I always call my pedi. I'm not paranoid, calling them for every little thing, but if I think it might be something, I go ahead and call. I mean it only takes a min, and even if it's nothing, at least you made sure. Better safe than sorry :)
    Stephanie15

Answer by Stephanie15 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Anything new been added to his diet? Food that's green? That could cause it. As long as he's not in alot of pain, it should be okay. If he's eaten something that's bad, his stomach would definitely hurt and he'd let you know.
    As far as texture goes, that can change. Sometimes they hold it too long and it comes out like pebbles at first then gets mushy. If it turns to solid water/diahrrea, then yes, I'd be concerned if it continues for too long.
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 11:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• No, he isnt in any pain. Now that i think about it yes, he has had a few green pop-sickles (which is rare for him). He has always loved his vegetables so im sure its not that. but maybe that bright green die thats in those darn pop-sickles. hehe. thanks for your help ladies. Ill keep an eye on it and call his pediatrician if it gets worse or doesnt get better.
    Anonymous