WHY IS IT SO EASY TO JUDGE PEOPLE, BUT SO HARD TO LOOK AT OUR OWN FLAWS AND TRY TO FIX THE?

When we look at someone to judge them, we always seem to be able to throw out a way for them to "fix themselves." But when it comes to ourselves, why are we complacent in our flaws?? Even when they are hurting us in the long-run???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am very self aware of my flaws and am constantly trying to make myself a better person in MY eyes, as well as those I love.
    But of course, ...i feel like i have a very differnet way of "judgeing ppl" then the way most ppl do.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I don't throw out ways they can fix themselves I just shamelessly make fun of them, is that wrong?
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I think sometimes we are in denial about our own issues, or, by focusing on others' issues, it keeps us distracted from having to deal with our own. It is always easier to see the flaws in others and lose sight of the fact that we have enough of our own flaws to work on.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Remember ~ When you are judging someone you really are judging yourself. Usually what you don't like in others is what you don't like about yourself! (but won't admit to it) Transference!
    Anonymous

• Because people make themselves feel better by trying to air out other people's flaws.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Tis the way of the world Hon. If you are referring to internet land, you will see that this is not real life. No matter what is said on this site, real life is soooo different. You would not go up to a person at Walmart and ask them if they think you are pregnant, would you? They would say, "F*** Off! Right??? Well, when you start to think that everyone here knows you personally, well, then you are forgetting this is internet land. You don't know these people. You probably will never, ever meet any of them. So, why would you expect them all to be nicey nice to you? This is why I tell people never to post pics of their family on these sites... You don't know where that picture will show up out there on internet land... Your face could wind up on some porn persons body, doing God knows what and where.... It's never safe to assume we all know you and reveal too much about yourself...
    Anonymous

• I am very aware of my flaws and the first to point them out to others. Some are flaws that I can't help and others can be changed but old habits die hard.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2009