What do I say!?!?!

A friend just emailed me that her DH left her. Things arent working out & there is also another woman. He didnt have an affair but wants to see where things may go! Sure I have alot of opinions about it (about him doing this to her) but we are not really close so i dont think its my right to go off with my opinion. but im lost in what to say to "comfort her" we all know words dont do much when your hurting this much & Ive already said im here to lisnen! :( what do i do! Just because we are not close doesnt mean i care any less for her!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd just tell her that you're there to listen. If she asks you for your opinion, just ask her if she's ready for an honest opinion or not. If not, then don't give it. If so, give it. If she's ready for it, just start out with, "Well, if I was you......" then go on to say that it's really up to her what she should do.

Matters of the heart are always hard to know what to do but just knowing she can vent is alot of help, at least it would be for me.
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 11:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Say oh I am so so sorry. Then let her talk, for gosh darn don't bash him. Let her, if they get back together she will remember that you bashed him. Don't give her your opinion, just ask her how she is feeling.
    Or you could buy her this book I got my friend. "It's a break up, not a break down." She really loved it.
    Also ask her if she has thought about therapy. Don't push it just tell her that you know it is helpful to others in situations similar to hers.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Invite her over and get drunk. lol. That always helps....
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 10:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• thanks ladies for the advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 13, 2009