swollen feet

they're so swollen they hurt :( what can i do?

knjones

Asked by knjones at 10:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My feet were swollen when i was pregnant with my first daughter. Come to find out, my use of salt was to blame. Also, if you are on them alot, try to take breaks and have them raised. Good luck!! Hope ya feel better.
    Stephanie15

Answer by Stephanie15 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I don't know but mine were the same way. Try to elevate them above your head....lol, did you picture that?? lol. No but seriously, stack up some pillows and lay on the couch w/ your feet up.....ask your doc about some kind of water pill that you could possibly take while preg. I wish you the best of luck, I know what you're going though all too well.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 10:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I would watch how much salt you are taking in. I find that if I eat stuff that it too salty, my fingers tend to swell a lot more. I also try to drink plenty of water, they say that it helps to keep flushing your system.
    Best of luck to you, I hope this advice helps.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• Rest and put your feet UP, not just sit down, but raise your feet.
    Anonymous