Trying for baby # 2...

I have a 7 month old daughter now, and we are going to start trying for baby # 2. I am a bit nervous to have them so close in age, but excited since they will be so close in age. If anyone has advise on how to handle a toddler and new baby I would appreciate your input :)

blueeyes71883

Asked by blueeyes71883 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• my sis has hers almost exactly a year apart. It's very hard. Don't be too proud. If family or friends can help, let them. It does NOT mean that you are a bad mother if you need someone to watch one or both for a bit so you can get your feet on the ground. good luck!!!!
    Anonymous

• Me and my brother are 13 months apart and my mom liked it. We were in diapers together and we had the same schedules. Sleeping and eating and all that. She said it was easier because we entertained each other. I honestly wish my daughter and son were closer together. They're 3 years apart and it's hard! But me and my brother are still very close. We were best friends growing up because we did everything together. So I'd have to say...I recommend it. (my mom had 2 other girls after me....my brother is 25, I'm 24, my sis is 20 and my other sis is 16) My mom said me and my brother were the easiest cuz of the age difference. So good luck!
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 10:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• I have 19 siblings. I'm the 4th oldest. My brother (the next one up in age to me) and my younger sister (the next one down in age to me) are really close. Both of them were like my best friends. they both are only a year older and a year younger than I am. As for my oldest sibling, I didnt see her much at all. I honestly couldnt tell you what she looks like now. Never met her hubby or kids either. My youngest sibling is dam near old enough to be my son. I love him to death and all, but its hard to look at him as my sibling. I say the closer the better. It will be tough to get a break! But i'm sure you can do it. Good luck (I want a nother baby too, were trying)
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Definitely don't be afraid to ask for help!! My daughter was 6 months old when our youngest was born!! That was crazy. Not only did I have an infant and a newborn, but I was recovering from a c-section and I was too proud to ask for help. Definitely ask for help!! :-)
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 5:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• is it even possible to have a baby 6 months after giving birth? unless you have sex immediately and have a preemie like 4 months early.
    Anonymous